Grapevine Comes in Second Place at the iCoinSummit ICO Battle
Grapevine community… we have some great news to share with you!
On May 9th we arrived in Limassol, Cyprus, to take part in the iCoin Summit, which hosted the world’s first ICO Battle with a live investment pool. The event, dubbed ‘the greatest summit on blockchain and ICOs,’ had over 30 world-class speakers address 1,842 attendees. Taking place through the 9–10th of May, the stakes were high, as the investment pool amounted to a total of $1,100,000!
The battle was fierce, as many of the participants were truly great, but we managed to come in second place, winning some amazing investments!
Over 2 days, 18 ICOs were pitted against each other, taking five minutes to pitch their projects in 5 categories: Minimum Viable Product, Problem-Solution, Team, Road Map and Token Metrics. The winners then proceeded to the next round as more and more start-ups were progressively sieved out.
Out of 18 ICOs taking part in the battle, we made it into the Great Finale, facing Safein. After our final pitch, the jury and the public took a vote to pick the best project, with the jury having 40% of the voting power and the audience 60%. The overall votes were extremely close, 51% vs. 49%, with Grapevine winning the jury’s vote and Safein taking the public vote.
Apart from the exposure and very positive response we received from the blockchain and crypto community, the iCoin Summit earned us a chance to work with some of the best ICO advisors in the world. We also got multiple donations and investments from various parties attending the event, including:
- Phil Millo, a world renowned crypto expert and ICO advisor offered us 2 hours of consultation service for free.
- George Giannoulakis from Investcor donated a 5-hour legal and compliance service.
- Cobinhood offered a free listing of Grapevine on its exchange once our ICO is over.
- ICOsoft will provide us with Software worth $50,000.
- iCoinSentiment, 7marketz Group, and AtoZMarkets gifted $300,000 worth of Marketing budget, as well as a 50% discount on extended services.
- The CEO of 7marketz Group, Yagub Rahimov, will also be joining us as a Media Advisor.
- Maria Pennanen, an Angel investor from Accelerator Frankfurt, invested $10,000 in Grapevine.
- Jonathan Forte, CEO of GPU Mining and Blockchain Lab, invested $25,000 in the project.
- Last but not least, TopICOlist will also grant us a service worth $10,000.
These awards come just at the right time, as we are currently getting ready for our crowdsale to take place on the 20th of June until the 20th of July, 2018.
We’ve learned that second place can be amazing, as we’ve established some incredible partnerships… and more importantly, gained the support of the community!
If you’d like to get more information on our ICO and the overall project, please visit our website. You can also contact us and get your questions answered on our official Telegram chat.